Service Desk Engineer (GLP0109)
Location: Barrowford – BB9
Salary: Up to £23,000 (plus learning and training opportunities)
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join their team and be the first point of contact for customers.
They are a well-established Managed Service Provider (MSP), which holds their expertise within IT support, bespoke software development and telecommunication solutions. Your role here would be to provide impeccable service to customers when helping to solve their technical issues. You’ll be expected to progress within the business to a 2nd line, 3rd line standard and then have the opportunity for project work. An ideal candidate would have good experience within a service desk engineer role and this can be throughout the 1st and 2nd line support range.
- Resolving customer issues via a ticketing system
- Ensuring all issues are resolved within the SLAs, even if they are escalated
- Accurately triaging technical requests
- You’ll also be responsible for maintaining excellent customer service
- Substantial experience working in a service desk engineer role
- Knowledge of networking (Cisco/HP), switching, routing, firewalls
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Windows 10/8.1/7
- Solid experience with TCP/IP, LAN, WAN and VPN
- Some experience with VMware
- 20 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company laptop and phone
- Pension scheme
- Free fruit and a free meal per day
Do you meet the requirements and have service desk engineer experience? We’d like to hear from you!